The AWD OD2-900N is a enterprise grade mesh wiﬁ access point designed exclusively with high-foliage and nonline of sight environments in mind, such as campgrounds and RV resorts. This robust product features two highpowered, Atheros-based radios – a 700mW 900MHz backhaul radio and a 350mW 802.11n client radio. The nonline of sight nature of 900MHz backhaul allows for guaranteed reliability and stability in almost any scenario – simply deploy where you want wireless internet access!
This featured two-radio design is ideally suited for use in Mesh Node/Gateway applications – one radio dedicated for meshing with other AWD access points (creating a self-forming, selfhealing network architecture) while the other radio is dedicated for client access. The core of this access points capabilities are provided through the AWD CloudControler – where the network administrator can remotely monitor and conﬁgure the network from an advanced and intuitive interface.
The OD2-900N features three N-Type antenna connectors for custom antenna application, and comes encased in a rugged NEMA 6 hinged aluminum enclosure. The total capable throughput of this device is 54 megabits on the mesh radio and 300 megabits on the client radio – enabling full N speed throughput when acting as a gateway. As a repeater, the OD2-900N provides WiFi connectivity while acting as a wired network connection for terminal network devices via the 802.3af POE enabled RJ45 port.
- Full control via the CloudController
- Fully Supported Over the Air Firmware Updates
- Full 802.11n client speeds
- 900MhZ Backhaul/Mesh Radio
- Rugged, Die-Cast Aluminum Enclosure (NEMA 6 Rated)
- Triple N-Type Antenna Connectors (1 Mesh, 2 Client)
- 802.3af Compliant (48V Max)
- Hardware Watchdog for Reliable Remote Use
* Antenna’s and power supply sold separately.
High User Density Deployments
- Two radios mesh devices serve many times as many clients as single radio access points.
- Two radio design allows for higher propagation of bandwidth per access point.
Performance Critical Networks
- Provide high-speed access to support bandwidth intensive applications such as streaming video.
- The highest performance is achieved when each AP is connected as a gateway.
Networks Requiring Sophisticated Mesh
- Dual-radio design allows several access points to wirelessly share the same connection with minimal drop in client performance.
- Reduced installation cost due to fewer required gateways.
Networks in Dense Foliage Environments
- 900MHz backhaul is ideal for campgrounds, rv resorts and other dense foliage or non-line of sight applications where standard 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi won’t cut it.
- Less work and time surveying – 900MHz allows you to simply deploy access points where you require wireless internet access.
- One 900MHz Radio 700mW (Mesh), One 802.11n Radio 350mW (Client)
- Concurrent operation in 2.4 GHz and 900 MhZ bands (Operate Mesh @ 900 MhZ and Clients at 2.4 GHz)
- Max radio rate 300Mbps for clients and 54Mbps for mesh
- 2.412-2.484 GHz
- 912MHz, 922MHz
- Power over Ethernet: 48V Max (802.3af Compliant)
- Power Consumption: 12W max; 7 W typical
- Power over Ethernet Injector & Power Adapter Available Separately
- Advanced Power Save Mode
- Wall/Surface Mount
- Pole Mount
- Operating temperature: – 22° F to 167° F (-30° C to 75° C)
- Solar Heat Rise = ≤ 5° C above external ambient (When Powered Off)
- Humidity: 5 to 90% non-condensing
- NEMA 6 Enclosure Rating
- IP68 RJ45 Cable Bulkhead
- 10” x 7.1” x 2.25” (181 mm x 156 mm x 51 mm)
- Weight: 80 oz (2.27 kg)
- Three N-Type Antenna Connectors
- 1 x 10/100 Base-T (RJ45) with < 48VDC/802.3af POE (WAN)
Product Safety Certifications
One Year Hardware Warranty Included